Sunday, September 28

April 14, 2014

Labdien visiem, (Good day everyone)

This week was a little crazy, but ended on a great note with it being conference weekend! I love that I got to enjoy conference! I understood so much of it this time. I watched in Latvian with our little branch here in Liepaja. It was such a privilege to watch it and I love it so much! I wish I could say I understood every word of conference, but not quite. I loved so many of the talks, but the one's that stand out are Elder Holland's and President Monson's. I really needed those talks. 

So, update about investigators:

Skaidrīte was taught word of wisdom this week. She struggles with coffee. It is hard, but she says that little by little she is going off of it. She really wants to be baptized. She was sick on Sunday and was unable to come to church, but we went over to her house after conference and had the branch president give her a blessing of health with the elders. It was really needed.  She also has been very stressed about finding an apartment to the point that she couldn't even think of anything else. We spent some time with a member who looked up some numbers for us and then we gave her the numbers. Nothing turned out there, but we brought a recent convert, Indra, on the lesson with us and afterwards she went on the street herself and found an apartment that Skaidrite will be moving into this week! It was great!!! I was so happy to hear that. We will be helping her move and clean and we are really looking forward to being able to help her. 

Viktorija is still doing well. Her mom and dad are really trusting us. We had a lesson with their neighbor who is a member and Vitktors, Viktorija's big russian dad came over and said hi to us. It was a BIG thing!! We were so excited for the trust that it showed us. However this week, Liga's mom (Viktorija's grandma) passed away. It was so sad. Līga called on Saturday because she had to cancel her lesson, because her mom called her all distressed. So, Līga traveled out to see how her mom was doing, and found her mom in very bad shaped and called an ambulance. Well, I felt prompted to call her later that same night, and I happened to get her while she was waiting for the ambulance. She was hysterical and really needed the calming down. Sister Scott and I said a prayer over the phone with her and I kept talking to her, just trying to calm her down. Well, eventually Sister Scott told me I should read with her. So, we sat on a bench and I opened up the Book of Mormon to Alma 7:11-13. I asked her if I could read, but she was crying so hard that she couldn't even talk. So, I just started reading these verses which are about Christ's atonement. I read them very slowly and clearly. They say, "And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot our their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me." By the time I was done, she was breathing slowly and was completely calmed down. She told me that she was a lot better after I read them and was feeling some peace. It was such a spiritual experience to help someone clearly in need. I was also so amazed by the power that really come from the Book of Mormon. There is truth there that is carried to our hearts in real power! I was so blessed to be able to help her in that small way. We haven't been able to talk to Viktorija since this all happened. We've been talking to her mom, but we really hope that we can talk to Viktorija soon to see how she is feeling. Also, Līga's mom was a nonactive member, so we hope that the church can host her funeral services. 

Inara and Ojars have stopped progressing. They left for the country on Friday and hopefully will come back for a little while this week. We hope to just see that they are interested and just busy, but we don't now what is going to happen. But for sure, ojars doesn't have a baptismal date anymore.

We also got a new investigator last week. She is from England and living in Estonia right now. She is here for the week and we have a lesson on Tuesday! We get to teach in English! It will be so weird! But anyways... She'll be moving here in June so we are hoping through skype and phone calls we can teach her everything and then in June she can just come back and get baptized! :)

I really enjoyed conferece. I know that we have a prophet who is called of God. He speaks by revelation from him so that we can know what to do today. I know that we can receive revelation while listening to conference. I know that I did. It was such a great spiritual moment for me. I love conference and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to listen to it. I hope you all take a chance to listen to it. I love this work and I know I'm called of God to be here in Latvia at this time. I love this country, language, people, and this work.

Also, follow up time. Who bore their testimony this last week? (if you had testimony meeting) Send an email with a reply if you did it and what you talked about. I would like to know. I know that my dad and sister Lauren did, so nice work! If you didn't, do it next testimony meeting and send me a reply! I can't wait to get them!!!

Lot of love,

Māsa Klauvarda

No comments:

Post a Comment